Thursday, January 7, 2021

VIDEO: German helmets for beginners

 Hi gang,


I was just scrolling down the facebook page of a helmet group that I belong to, and I found a question from a member, it was a simple question which he was asking in all honesty.  He was met with some derision by some other members for asking such a fundamental question.  I thought that that was unfair.


Coincidentally, I just uploaded this video today, which I forwarded to him...it speaks directly to his question.


I hope it helps him.


Anyhoo, now in my retirement, I'm able to turn my attention to making videos more often, and here is the fruit of the past week. I hope you enjoy it.



Mannie

2 comments:

Greg Pickersgill said...


Hi Mannie! I'm starting to catch up on some of your most recent material and started at the top. The video on the M35 family is very nicely done. It is a clear and informative exposition of the type I'd love to have seen 25 years ago when I started collecting and had real problems with the differences between the 35/40/42. I sympathise with the FB character you mentioned - and share annoyance with the people who can't answer a simple question with a straightforward answer.

Anyway, keep it up. You have excellent presentation skill and great screen presence.

Unknown said...

Hi Mannie, I loved the video of the German helmets. It was done sympathetically and was very easy to understand. I have been an avid though moderate helmet collector for quite a few years ( mainly collecting modern composites) and I'm still finding things out. The more I collect, the more I find myself appreciating the beauty of the different designs. Please keep up the good work.